Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Children's Theatre Excitment!

There's one in Seattle this year!
I stumbled across the information as I was googling "theater for young audiences blogs"--you know, to see if there was an article I just had to tell you about. And I find Theatre for Young Audiences, the USA arm of ASSITEJ (it's French:  Association Internationale du Théâtre de l’Enfance et la Jeunesse). And TYA USA is having a conference in Seattle. In Seattle! That's a few hours worth of driving. I've got family that direction. I could actually GO!
I graduated in children's theatre 28 years ago and Dr. Oaks--my mentor--was an active member of ASSITEJ. He had served as president and as treasurer, etc.. Anyway, for years (28 to be exact), I've been thinking about how cool it would be to be a part of that organization, to attend one of their World Congresses and Performing Arts Festival (much further away). But money was earmarked for other things--food, for instance. 
And now there's the USA conference in Seattle! According to TYA's blog, this conference hasn't happened in 4 years.
But how am I going to get the $275 for the conference registration? The fam still needs the money for food and such. I could sell the Catan games...no, no I couldn't. I could sell my first born child...no, he's too old.
I know!
How many of you need a singing telegram? a character visit? a one-hour classroom workshop? a large bouquet of balloons? a show for your kid's school?
Perhaps you'd like to attend Double Play Saturday on Feb. 19.
Any of these things will help out a poor mom who has sacrificed for 28 years for her children and now has a chance to go to a children's theatre conference! Oh. My. HECK! That would be so grand. And humbling to be around so many incredible professionals--I'd be too scared to talk to anyone. I'm just going to faint with excitement. Or at least, I'm not going to get much sleep tonight.
Every little bit helps, so just call Cwerks, 503-999-1196 and schedule whatever it is you want from that list above.
(How exciting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment