Tuesday, October 5, 2010

GOALS! GOALS! GOALS

I read constantly--a must for any writer? Usually fantasy. Usually a middle grade or young adult novel. Sometimes, I go on a non-fiction kick--The Idle Parent; Drive; A Whole New Mind, Eat to Live. Oh, those are sitting in my to-be-read pile. Right now, I'm reading The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. Oo, I want tobe successful. I finished the chapter on goal-setting--I'm supposed to have 101 goals! Dang it shoot, that's a lot of goals. I haven't made that many yet, but I do have a small, spiral notebook with 60-some odd pages left in it and I've begun writing goals down. And I take my goals with me everywhere. And the goals have deadlines. And I'm starting to finish some. And I've made more goals. And for the past two days, I've been getting up way early (for me) just so I have more time to write before the phones start ringing around 9 a.m. or so.

AND I COMPLETED THE NOVEL I STARTED DURING NANOWRIMO LAST NOVEMBER! It's the first draft but it is done.

Ah, success. I think I'll read over my goals this evening, as per The Success Principles. Then I'll read another few chapters before retiring for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment