Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reading and Writing and More Reading Excitement

I got a Kindle Touch in November for my birthday...And that's my excuse for any blogging not getting done.

I love reading. Here's a sample of what I've been reading, not necessarily in this order:
*How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks - All for Free, by Jason Matthews
*How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months, by John Locke
*Smashwords Style Guide, by Mark Coker
(You can tell what that's all about, right?)

*The Complete Idiot's Guide to Year-Round Gardening, by Delilah Smittle and Sheri Ann Richerson (I started reading the kindle book through my library's lending program but I ran out of time so I ended up buying the paperback because it was cheaper than the Kindle version. I'm happy with it either way. Did you know you can compost your shredded paper?! I digress)
*101 Self-Sufficiency Gardening Tips, by Sheri Ann Richerson (On Kindle loan through Amazon. Too bad my Amazon Prime trial runs out next week).
*Running Wide Open, by Lisa Nowak (ah, finally, a fiction novel for relaxation--Lisa is an indie author and part of the Indelibles team--an impressive group of writers.)
*My Man Jeeves, by P.G. Wodehouse (reading this with the hubby; shared humor is funnier)


Between Smashwords and Amazon, my Kindle is loaded!


You may ask: "That's a lot of reading but you said something about 'writing' excitement?" Well, yes. The whole point in reading the How-to manuals in regards to ebooks is because I'm getting ready to publish that way. AND GETTING READY TAKES SO LONG--I'm about to faint from brain overload. Right when I think it's time to format and upload, there's a book I have to read about it, so I'm totally ready. I need to stop doing that and forget about being totally ready; maybe almost ready is close enough.


And here's what's coming soon from me:
White Fire: Delsina watches her house burn around her parents as she flees with her oldest brother, Talem. When she realizes escape preparations were made years before Sethrum, Man of Fire, entered her home and burned up her family, she thinks it's because Sethrum is after Talem. But that's not so; Sethrum is after Delsina for a special talent she doesn't know she has.

I'm also helping a friend out. His first book is:
As the Mind Wanders: People, Teenagers and Other Wildlife: Non-fiction observations from many years spent watching and participating in the often strange, disgusting, angering and/or humorous events of our daily lives here in the United States.

1 comment: