Monday, January 17, 2011

What a Lot of Hams!

There are a lot of normal people out there who are so not-normal; they are hilarious! I need to hire them. The other day, we were out doing a clowning gig and part of the schtick was to bring a few props and costume pieces so the birthday child could act out Jack and the Beanstalk with the guests. I'm afraid the clowns made Birthday Child a little too nervous but the whole family--along with the guests--pitched in with the show (and I'm talking the WHOLE family, including Grandma and Grandpa).

"Mom" was tremendous, weeping and wailing because of the loss of a cow. Her improv was top-notch. I almost cried for the wretchedness of her situation. Then the performer sacrificed her carpet (and vacuum cleaner) and pulled beans from the little bag and threw them out the imaginary window (and all over her carpet; what a sport!).

"Jack" was great as he presented with excitement the bag of gold and the hen that lays the golden egg to "Mom." His disappointment was so real as "Jack" got in trouble for climbing the beanstalk without permission.

"Hen" was priceless. When it was time to lay an egg, she squawked. When "Jack" brought her back to "Mom," she began pecking for food.

"Giant's" death scene was cheered.

I would love to hire all these performers. But I can't, and I can't tell anyone about them, because I'd be out of a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment