Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Opinion Counts...

...to kids, anyway.

We had an outdoor performance of Tortoise and the Hare on Saturday. Right afterwards, several children came up to do more than thank us for the performance; they came to, well, chitchat: "That was good" "You were funny" "Today I'm a butterfly, see? [the child's face was painted]" "I have a butterfly [paper craft at one of the booths]" "My mom's working in a booth; so we're here all day" "You were the pirates [she had seen a May performance]" "I read that story before," etc.

We get similar comments after all our children's shows. It could possibly go to my head. Just like it does to many celebrities whose opinions are sought after. I could start spouting advice/opinions to little kids. We could have a 10 minute "Chat with the Actors" session right after each of our shows, maybe charge extra. Then I could tell the kids all sorts of things:

  • Pink is so "in." I love your pink shirt...and shorts...and shoes.
  • Your hair is cute.
  • Your hat is great.
  • Your new shoes are way cool.
  • Sometimes I'm a princess and sometimes I'm a pirate. Isn't everyone?
  • I bet you could beat me in a race.
  • You should read the story. Just ask your librarian for books on...
  • The best ice cream is Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter. And don't you love their squeaky cheese? [you must be near their factory to appreciate their squeaky cheese]
  • If it's not yours, don't touch it.
  • Be nice.
  • Did you know that story has several versions? You should read them. There's even a Kate and the Beanstalk [etc.]. Just ask your librarian...
I'll just have to write down a few more opinions I have for children so I'm prepared when the television stations start calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment