Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year & Which Direction?

Oh, man, oh, man, oh, man. It's January first and it's time to evaluate and check my life's compass, do some course corrections, decide the focus. I'm scared. Evaluating where I've been, what I've accomplished and which direction I want to head now seems like such a monumental chore because there are so many aspects--physical, spiritual, creative (can that be "creatial"?), financial, mental. You know, I was just thinking that the evaluation part itself could take a month to ponder...and then I was thinking how much time it would take to figure out the exact direction I want to go...and then I was thinking half the year could be over by the time I figure all that out. Through writing these few sentences, I have decided to KISS (Keep It Short and Simple). For the amount of time I could spend struggling over the perfect goals for the year, I could probably get some done just by getting to work. So basically my goals will be about writing, working, spiritualing, house-maintaining, and healthifying. And this year I think I'll evaluate and make course corrections on a monthly basis. Next Jan. 1st may not feel so overwhelming to look back and see what I've done, the direction I've been. Simple is good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment