Tuesday, November 3, 2009

National Novel Writing Month

This month is NaNoWriMo and I'm taking the challenge. (www.nanowrimo.org)
I figured out that I need 2500 words/day for 5 days a week for 4 weeks to make my goal of 50, 000 words. Yesterday, I managed to write just over 2500 words. It came to just over 9 pages. And now it's time to get back in there and go, Go, GO!
And here's my opening (please understand I'm writing furiously; names and awkward sentences are subject to change):
"It took a lot of effort on Glorferrel's part to make sure no one knew she was a coward. Being a girl only made it that much more difficult. So she hit him again."
How 'bout that? It starts with violence...maybe that's not so good. Oh, well. Much is bound to happen by the end of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment