Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Writing...

And that's what I'm doing. Just thought you should know because that's what it comes down to if you want to be a writer---WRITE!

Just to carry the thought a little further: There are many who think of being a writer. That's a good place to start. Nowwww, it has to move you to action. So, you write. If you've written a handful of stories--literally, one handful of stories--it's time to write more. Keep writing. My husband, then-older-teen son and I were attending a writer's conference. As we hung out in the hotel room after a long day, my son asked me, "How many
stories do you have?" I took out my 2" notebook (you know, the big, scary-looking kind--the kind that could cause serious injury if a full one ever dropped on someone's foot) and started reading the titles of my stories to him. His eyes got huge. "I didn't know you had that many!" The notebook didn't include the scripts or songs I've written.

So if you don't remember anything else I say about writing, remember this: WRITE.

P.S. Then as you progress, you'll start learning about writer critique groups, writing conferences, how-to books, NaNoWriMo, writer websites, and so much more. But always, always one is writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment